Things to remember prior to listing photos being taken
- Trim lawn, bushes, yard cleanup – don’t display seasonal decoration.
- Power wash siding and walkways if needed.
- Put all trash cans, toys, etc in garage or shed.
- Park cars inside the garage or far enough away to remove them from photos.
- Close doors and windows.
- Remove personal items and photos – plan to store anything of value.
- Clean and declutter – kitchen and bathroom counters should be as empty and open as possible. Hide the items you use frequently in cabinets or closets.
- Evidence of pets – like beds and dishes – should be removed.
- Carpets should be professionally cleaned if needed.
- Beds made.
- Closets can be used to store things for photos, but remember people will open cabinets and closets during showings, so getting things organized prior to listing is always a good idea. Yard sale, donate or throw away things that you will not be moving to your new home.
- Turn off all ceiling fans and turn on all lights – replace any bulbs that need replacing.
Your listing photos are your first impression – make a good first impression!